Wednesday, June 6, 2012

6 Weeks and Other Happenings

You know you're a mommy when your car beeps for you to put on your seatbelt and you shush it.

I can't believe today marks 6 weeks of mommyhood. Luckily, unlike Stanley my unfortunate fish, the baby is still alive. So I'd say we're doing alright. The last few weeks have been a little rough, but we're finally figuring things out. It turns out that Sam is one hungry little guy, and a little colicky, so we finally started supplementing his food intake with special formula for colicky babies. I'm also limiting my dairy intake, which is not quite as hard as my diabetic diet, but close. I never realized how many foods had dairy in them. But it's worth it. It was so sad to see my little guy miserable everyday. Now he sits for an hour or longer just happy, kicking and cooing. We are both enjoying the peace. Here are some more recent pictures from the last couple of weeks:

First bath time in the big boy bath!

Love the converse socks my mom found...

Up close!

Getting ready for my first outing without the baby. He looks so sad to see me go....

Making funny faces in the Boppy. Does he look like Harold from Person of Interest to anyone else?

I just took this one on Monday to commemorate how much chunkier he's getting. He doesn't look so much like a newborn now.

Is it just my baby or do all babies look extremely uncomfortable in pictures? He's so squirmy it's hard to get a shot where his head is where it should be. But awkwardness and all, sometimes I look at this little guy and think there's no way my heart could handle it if he was any cuter. Especially when he has a milk mustache. I would be lying if I said I had never cried looking at that sweet little milk mustache. 

But anywho, in other news, it was my birthday last week, and a wonderful birthday it was. Here's what I woke up to find on the big day:



In case you're wondering, the big black thing is an awesome jewelry box:


Blaze was even nice enough to help me sort all of my jewelry into it. AND, it had a surprise inside:


So excited to have a chick flick around the house for those nights that I just want to feel girly. The funny thing about my birthday is that I've been telling people for the last year that I'm 27, when in fact I just turned 27 on my birthday. It made swallowing the added year a little easier. All in all, it was an amazing birthday from an amazing husband. Thanks love!

1 comment:

  1. He's getting so big! Sorry you've had to deal with some colic and unhappy baby :( You're looking beautiful as always, and so glad you had a great birthday! Love you, Jo!!

    ReplyDelete