Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentines Day

So, funny story: the FedEx guy at work (Jeff) is a bit of a character. He keeps us laughing daily, and last week was no exception. The Friday before Valentines day he comes in and asks if this is Blaze and my first Valentines as a married couple. I said no, it's our second, to which he replied, "Oh. I guess we'll see if the lousy sucker even remembers you then, huh?!" It was so funny I almost died. Blaze said we're never FedExing anything again.

Luckily, the not-so-lousy sucker did remember me--even if things didn't turn out exactly how we planned. At least a month before the big day, I begged Blaze to take me to Ely for dinner for Valentines. He's not a huge fan of eating out, and would usually prefer to make me dinner instead of going somewhere, but because he loves me he finally gave in. Not that him making dinner is a bad option. In fact, he's a fabulous cook when he puts his mind to it. But eating out is like a mini vacation, which I could use every now and then. Unfortunately, come Valentines day it was a blizzard outside. No snow the whole winter and the one night we want to go out on the town it dumps on us. I couldn't believe it. But, Blaze found a way to make it fun anyway. We went to Whipple's and got burgers and tater tots (my favorite), opened a bottle of Martinellis, and then made apple sauce together. All in all it was a quiet and cozy evening and I loved it. Here are some pictures of our activities:

Here's Blaze getting the apples ready to boil (and enjoying a few bites along the way).

Here's me stirring the boiling apples and looking quite pregnant at almost 29 weeks.

Yay for Whipple's and Martinellis!

Me lovin' my Whipple Whopper.

And a family shot to end the night.


And just for fun, here a couple more recent pictures of Watson for your viewing pleasure:

He's been a little clingy lately...


Closeup of that cute little face. Gets me every time.


Watson and Blaze read scriptures together every morning. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Your little family is too cute! And congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete